libinput 1.5.901 touchpad speed on HiDPI screen

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Jan 12 05:05:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 10:12:52AM +0000, François Guerraz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed libinput-git 1.5.901.r3.g72e0148-1 to test the
> awesomeness of the new trackpad pointer acceleration. I'm using
> gnome/wayland one a DELL XPS 2016 (DLL0704:01 06CB:76AE Touchpad).
>
> Acceleration works, finally, which is great. However, I don't know if
> it's because I'm on a HiDPI screen or not but even with touchpad speed
> cranked to the max in gnome-settings, it's still a bit slow. Way slower
> than with v. 1.5.
>
> Is it a but that I need to report or do I need to change other
> settings?

sounds like a bug, might be that the dimensions are out or something
similar. the touchpad should feel a bit slower at most 'normal' speeds
because it accelerates later, but at the same time it should accelerate more
when it does. Please file a bug so we can triage this properly, thanks.

Cheers,
   Peter