[RFC wayland 1/9] wayland-egl: import libwayland-egl.so frontend library from Mesa

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 19 04:01:24 UTC 2017

Hi Emil,

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 02:18:42PM +0100, Emil Velikov wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> On 17 September 2017 at 09:04, Duncan Roe <duncan_roe at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:29:19AM +0100, Emil Velikov wrote:
> >> From: Emil Velikov <emil.velikov at collabora.com>

Agree this is orthogonal but just for the record

> > I first packaged wayland-egl when it showed up as a dependency of VLC built with
> > all optional dependencies (and optional dependencies of dependencies ...). As
> > such, I have no idea when or even if wayland-egl gets used or how I would set
> > about testing whether a new release has an adverse effect on VLC.
> >
> Right, I've saw that and was worried how you tested the codepaths.

I found that I'd put this explanation in the slack-desc

 The Wayland display server protocol uses EGL. If you build qt5 with
 its optional dependency wayland and then build vlc then vlc will
 require wayland-egl.

I don't have a Wayland display server so can't test.

> AFAICT there's no backend driver or Mesa in SBo.

Slackware 14.2 provides Mesa-11.2.2. SBo only provides packages *not* in Slackware.

Cheers ... Duncan.