touch calibration on second screen impossible

Klaus Rudolph lts-rudolph at gmx.de
Sat Sep 23 07:57:37 UTC 2017

With X11 ( before wayland ) I can set up my touchscreen with:

     xinput --list

find my device: "Advanced Silicon S.A. CoolTouch(TM) System"

and can simply set the props I need with:

     xinput set-prop 'Advanced Silicon S.A. CoolTouch(TM) System'
--type=float 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' 0.533333333333333, 0,
0.466666666666667, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1

But now, `xinput list` did not show my any real devices, only some
mystery generic ones as this:

      ⎡ Virtual core pointer                     id=2    [master pointer
  (3)]
      ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer               id=4    [slave
pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ xwayland-pointer:14                      id=6    [slave
pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ xwayland-relative-pointer:14             id=7    [slave
pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ xwayland-touch:14                        id=9    [slave
pointer  (2)]
      ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                    id=3    [master
keyboard (2)]
          ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard              id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
          ↳ xwayland-keyboard:14                     id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]

So I only see some mystery wayland pseudo devices.

With `libinput-list-devices` I can see my touch device, but I can not
find any documentation how I can configure devices for libinput. All
docs tell my that it can be done with `xinput` with is not true for
wayland on fedora. Any idea?

Q: How can I configure input devices on wayland in fedora 25.

Sorry that I contact via developer list, but I did not find any wayland
help list and non of the forums for fedora or stackexchange can answer
the question. Seems to be that touch is seldom used.

If you can point my to any other mailing list, is also welcome.

Any help or any link to help is really welcome.