Weston: output scaling does not seem to have any effect

Peter Bašista pbasista at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 15:07:22 UTC 2018

Hi,

Weston does not seem to perform any output scaling unless an explicit and
correct output name is given. At least in my case, it was *not* sufficient
to add the following section to weston.ini:

[output]
scale=2

With such a configuration, weston-launch would launch Weston normally, but
there would be no scaling. The manual page does not explain what could be
causing such a behavior.

It only started to work for me when I manually looked up the correct name
for my output from the output of "weston --debug" and added it to the
configuration section:

[output]
name=DP-1
scale=2

I do not understand the details of how it is supposed to work properly. The
current error messages (wayland 1.16.0, weston 5.0.90) were not very
helpful to me. A better explanation should, in my opinion, be added to the
man page.

Regards
Peter Bašista