Google Summer of Code 2018

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Tue Feb 27 00:34:21 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

Just a quick word to remind you that the X.Org Foundation got accepted
to the Google Summer of Code 2018!

As a potential mentor, if you have a project falling under the
foundation's (large) umbrella that you would like to kick start or get
help finishing, please add it to the list on the ideas page[1] as soon
as possible. Students will start applying on the 12th of March, see the
full timeline[2].

As a student, check out the projects our ideas' page[1]. If you find one
that interests you, check out our application guidelines[3] and, if you
are eligible, contact your potential mentor and start discussing right
away with him/her. We welcome any student who finds the prospect of
working on our Open Source Graphics stack exciting!

I will be once again the primary contact for the X.Org Foundation, so
please ask me anything by email or on IRC (mupuf on freenode). Other
administrators are Alex Deucher and Taylor Campbell (both Cc:ed).

Looking forward to interacting with old and new contributors, and maybe
welcome previous GSoC/EVoC students as mentors now that they grew to
become core contributors and/or have full-time jobs in the Graphics
stack (*wink wink nudge nudge*)!

Martin, on behalf of the X.Org Foundation

[1] https://www.x.org/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas/
[2] https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
[3] https://www.x.org/wiki/GSoCApplication/