Wayland support for Global Key binding

Jonas Ã…dahl jadahl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 00:37:41 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 08:16:37PM +0000, Phillip White wrote:
> Hey Dev's
>

> I have seen a lot of people hating waylands no global key binding feature.
>

> https://github.com/albertlauncher/albert/issues/309
>

> https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2015/06/global-shortcut-handling-in-a-plasma-wayland-session/
>

> Do you have any plans to support this? I think this is a question a lot of people are wanting an answer to.

There are no plans to add back exactly what X11 provided. With that
said, there are application features that currently depends on such X11
functionality, but there are most likely options for how to implement
them that aren't as invasive with less security implications. However,
how exactly one would implement things and what protocol would
potentially be needed must be determined on a feature-by-feature basis.

Jonas