unique id for wayland objects

zou lan nancy.lan.zou at gmail.com
Thu May 31 03:32:40 UTC 2018

Hi Michel & pekka

>>Yes, drm_handle_vblank must be called before drm_crtc_send_vblank_event,
>>otherwise it's not surprising that the timestamp in the event is wrong. :)
Yes. our code call drm_crtc_send_vblank event first. The orignal fps is 60,
but if I swap the order of drm_crtc_send_vblank_event and
drm_handle_vblank, the fps drop to 30fps.

@pekka
>>Weston schedules a repaint based on the pageflip timestamp. If the
>>timestamp is in the past by a whole refresh period, the computed new
>>deadline will be in the past as well, so Weston will attempt to repaint
>>as soon as possible.
I agree with this.

>>The intended behaviour is that Weston repaints at most once for each
>>display refresh cycle, the deadline being 7 ms (if using the default
>>value of repaint-window) before the next vblank. In other words, there
>>should be a significant delay (say, 50-90% of a refresh period) between
>>receiving the pageflip event and repaint.
I can't understand this. I use weston 1.9 now, the repaint_msc is 7ms.
our code always execute output_repaint_timer_handler() as soon as possible
because msec always lower than 1ms. Why there is delay?

Best Regards
Nancy