Migrating Wayland & Weston to GitLab

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu May 31 07:47:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

On 29 May 2018 at 10:59, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> I intend to migrate the wayland/wayland-protocols/wayland-web/weston
> repository hosting only (issues disabled, MR submission disabled) this
> evening. Anyone trying to push to git.fd.o will get an error message
> pointing them to the wiki page telling them how to configure their
> remotes and set up their accounts. Anyone having trouble with this is
> welcome to contact me and I can help figure it out.
>
> This leaves the wayland-build-tools and wayland-java repositories
> orphaned in cgit; both have been inactive for quite some time.

I've done this now. For the meantime, I've left wayland-protocols back
on the old infrastructure; given the discussion about what we should
be doing with wayland-protocols, it seemed prudent to wait.

The following people have access from the Wayland group as it stands:
  daniels, anholt, derek, bryce, whot, pq, krh, jwrdegoede, tomeu,
nroberts, dvdhrm, jadahl, jekstrand, rdp.effort, zubzub, sardemff7,
iksaif, bnf, uartie, darxus, sree

I would propose to prune the following developers who are no longer
(TTBOMK) active in Wayland and haven't been for at least a couple of
years:
  anholt
  tomeu
  nroberts
  dvdhrm
  jekstrand
  iksaif
  bnf
  uartie
  darxus
  sree

Pruning people wouldn't at all be a one-way process; everyone would of
course be more than welcome back if they rejoined, and I'd be happy to
see them keep contributing.

I also propose to give the following people 'master' permission,
allowing them to add/remove people from the project, as well as do
special things like force-push: myself, Derek, Kristian, and Pekka.

Does anyone have any thoughts at all on this, or alternative suggestions, or?

Cheers,
Daniel