Migrating Wayland & Weston to GitLab

Erik De Rijcke derijcke.erik at gmail.com
Thu May 31 08:36:01 UTC 2018

Hi All,

First of all I'd like to say that the move to Gitlab makes me really happy
\o/! It will definitely  lower the contribution barrier for a lot of people
(including me!) as things are now far more accessible, visible and overall
easier to manage.

Which brings me to a remark/question on how merge requests are done. Is
there any plan to allow/move merge requests to Gitlab? Having a central
point of all things code related would really make things clear and
visible, and overall easier to contribute.
Being able to utilize Gitlab, manage your account, create your own fork and
then having to do a git-send-email would really defeat the point of the
whole move to Gitlab imho.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. Very glad to see this Gitlab thing moving forward!

Erik 'zubzub' De Rijcke