Clipboard manager use case

Simon Ser contact at emersion.fr
Fri Nov 9 20:41:56 UTC 2018

On Friday, November 9, 2018 3:01 PM, Albert Vaca <albertvaka at gmail.com> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I found the wording a bit confusing, but if that's
> the wording already in use then I agree we should stick with it.

Yeah, that's the motivation behind the protocol: consistency.

I was also confused when I first read the core Wayland protocol, it takes time
to understand why it's built like this, but it does make sense in the end. ;)

> That said, you have my +1 on your proposal.

Sweet

> What do we need to do in order to move this forward? I see the proposal has been
> up for some months but didn't get much attention.
>
> If it is approved, I can probably make it happen on the KDE side, but it would
> be nice have input from other compositors.

I'd really love to have some KWin guys have a look at it. If that can't happen,
I'll bump it and it'll go through the normal wlr-protocols review process.

Do you know if there is anyone from the KDE side interested in reviewing this?

Thanks,

Simon