Clipboard manager use case

Roman Gilg subdiff at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 01:02:17 UTC 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 9:42 PM Simon Ser <contact at emersion.fr> wrote:
> > What do we need to do in order to move this forward? I see the proposal has been
> > up for some months but didn't get much attention.
> >
> > If it is approved, I can probably make it happen on the KDE side, but it would
> > be nice have input from other compositors.
>
> I'd really love to have some KWin guys have a look at it. If that can't happen,
> I'll bump it and it'll go through the normal wlr-protocols review process.
>
> Do you know if there is anyone from the KDE side interested in reviewing this?

I already looked through the protocol a bit. But for a more thorough
review I would first need to find some time for it. But maybe a better
approach would be directly trying to implement the protocol in KWin
and make use of it in KDE Connect. After all besides the data
device/source/offer heavy protocol language it doesn't look too
complicated. This way we can maybe spot issues we otherwise would
overlook.