Limiting Xwayland to only one screen

Singh, Satyeshwar satyeshwar.singh at intel.com
Wed Feb 6 19:05:15 UTC 2019

Hi Pekka,
Yes I am aware of the rootless mode as well, but seeing the black screen is only one of the issues. I would also like the apps to only run on a single screen. Some apps are written such that they find out how big of a buffer would fit the entire screen and then create an image which spans it (in my case both screens). I guess I can use xdotool to resize the app but that happens after the surface has been created and I would rather have the app only create one screen buffer to begin with. So is there an option that doesn't require modifying each app?
-Satyeshwar