HDR support in Wayland/Weston

Niels Ole Salscheider niels_ole at salscheider-online.de
Thu Jan 10 16:01:30 UTC 2019

Hello,

on a first glance this sounds sensible. Would it work well with the last color
management protocol proposal that I made or do you see issues there?
We could add REC2020 as another predefined profile.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2017-January/032769.html

I think the last proposal was mostly sane and usable for everybody, but there
was not much interest afterwards. However, there was a lot of discussion with
wishes from different sides that went into this. The relevant mailing list
threads are the following, but you have to follow the discussion over the next
months:

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2016-November/031728.html
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2014-March/013951.html

Best regards,
Ole

--
Niels Ole Salscheider
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10–14
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Tel.: +49 721 9654-264
salscheider at fzi.de

FZI Forschungszentrum Informatik
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftung Az: 14-0563.1 Regierungspräsidium Karlsruhe
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Andreas Oberweis, Jan Wiesenberger,
Prof. Dr.-Ing. J. Marius Zöllner