Upcoming release

Derek Foreman derek.foreman.samsung at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:20:40 UTC 2019

Hi all,

It's been quite some time since our last weston release, and there's
been some discussion of getting the next one out in the January to March
timeframe (this would be the last release to have an autotools build, btw).

Does anyone have objections to an early February freeze and a March
release?  Anyone with large series near completion?

Also, I'd like to float the idea of removing the fbdev backend for this
release (or the next).  The bulk of the interesting features target the
drm backend, and it feels like fbdev can sometimes be a bit of a pain to
update when changes are required elsewhere.  Any strong opinions either way?

Thanks,
Derek