EXT: Multiple touchscreen environment with Weston

Ray, Ian (GE Healthcare) ian.ray at ge.com
Thu Jun 20 05:19:09 UTC 2019

> On 17 Jun 2019, at 17.45, Theo BUENO <theo.bueno at actia.fr> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am (relatively) new Weston user working with industrial embedded Linux systems. I am seeking for advice regarding a Weston use case.
>
> I have been trying to understand how would one map touchscreens to unique displays on a system which has several touchscreen displays.
> It is my understanding that prior to Weston 1.7, it could be done via the WL_OUTPUT udev variable for each touchscreen.

We are using Weston 6 with libinput 1-13.0 and we use WL_OUTPUT for this purpose.

Sample log output:

Jun 19 14:17:48 GE0040973102BC weston[305]: [14:17:48.764] event1  - DIALOGUE INC PenMount USB: is tagged by udev as: Touchscreen
Jun 19 14:17:48 GE0040973102BC weston[305]: [14:17:48.765] event1  - DIALOGUE INC PenMount USB: device is a touch device
:
Jun 19 14:17:48 GE0040973102BC weston[305]: [14:17:48.913] associating input device event1 with output LVDS-1 (LVDS-1 by udev)

And UDEV rule:

SUBSYSTEM=="input", KERNEL=="event[0-9]*", ATTRS{modalias}=="usb:v14E1p6000*", … , ENV{WL_OUTPUT}="LVDS-1"