xfway: a Wayland compositor inspired by xfwm4

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 18:30:38 UTC 2019

xfway is a Wayland compositor inspired by xfwm4:

https://github.com/adlocode/xfway

I'm not sure if this is an actual attempt at a port or more of a spin-off project a la Sway, but here it is, and I just wondered if you would like to have a look at it.

It supports the wlr-foreign-toplevel protocol, which can be used for window management functions, and the wlr-layer-shell protocol, which can be used for creating panels etc.

At the moment it's little more than a Weston clone with some wlroots support, but there you go.

What do you think?

Regards

adlo