dpms with wayland

Eugen Friedrich friedrix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 10:46:25 UTC 2019

Hi Vladimir

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 18:05, Pekka Paalanen <ppaalanen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 14:51:08 +0000
> "Jovic, Vladimir" <vladimir.jovic at ifm.com> wrote:

The dpms handling is implemented in the compositor-drm
but it requires trigger from somewhere, e.g. shell :-)
compositor will fire a idle_signal and shell can register for this and
trigger the dpms handling. the "-i" will configure the timeout for this signal

> It should work with the desktop-shell, but since you are using
> ivi-shell, I'm not sure it's implemented.

No, ivi-shell is not implementing the idle_signal handler,
since same question was asked in  genivi-ivi-layer-management at lists.genivi.org
I will provide details how to implement this feature with
wayland-ivi-extension there

thanks
jeka