Libinput-touch screen detection

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Wed Oct 2 13:50:34 UTC 2019

On Tue, Oct 01, 2019 at 04:08:17PM +0000, sanjay anvekar wrote:
> Hi All,   I am new to Wayland. I am using Weston 1.9.0 on imx6x board with
> touchscreen display of resolution 1024x768. I am seeing touchscreen as
> /dev/input/event0 device and it is working. I confirmed functioning of
> touchscreen using "cat /dev/input/event0" command. Unfortunately, I don't
> see touchscreen is listed by libinput application i.e.
> 'libinput-list-devices'. If I connect USB mouse then I see mouse is listed
> by 'libinput-list-devices' application, but not touchscreen. I am running
> Qt application and it is not able to detect touch inputs. Please let me
> know your inputs to resolve this problem.

most likely the udev property ID_INPUT and/or ID_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN is
missing for this device, libinput debug-events --verbose should print
*something* at least for the device.

If the property is missing though that means that it doesn't export the
correct evdev bits to be picked up by the udev builtin, so most likely the
kernel driver needs to be fixed.

Cheers,
   Peter