can subsurface and shell surface be used together to manage surfaces

Matt Hoosier matt.hoosier at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 13:37:58 UTC 2020

If you’re asking whether it’s possible to migrate a given wl_surface from
being a subsurface (initially) to later being a shell surface, this isn’t
allowed. This has to do with the immutability of a surface’s so-called
“role.” (Surfaces are only ever allowed to be registered with one given
role. )

-Matt