can subsurface and shell surface be used together to manage surfaces

zou lan nancy.lan.zou at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 09:13:04 UTC 2020

Hi Matt

yes, I want to bind a wl_surface to a subsurface first, then create a shell
surface for it.

I want to do that is because if the wl surface is created by another
compositor, it had been declared as a subsurface to map its position of
original compositor. Then weston shell can't
manage the surface as a window directly, I was just wondering how can make
weston shell could manage these kind of surfaces as separate windows too.
It seems create shell surface for each wl surface is not a good idea in
this case.  Thank you for confirmation!

Best Regards
Nancy

Matt Hoosier <matt.hoosier at gmail.com> 于2020年4月11日周六 下午9:38写道: