Fullscreen window (Re: Thread safety when rendering on a separate thread)

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 08:43:50 UTC 2020

On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:48:54 +0100
Guillermo Rodriguez <guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> El jue., 30 ene. 2020 a las 16:48, Pekka Paalanen
> (<ppaalanen at gmail.com>) escribió:

> Uhm, I am not sure to understand this bit. Based on your comments
> before I am assuming I would implement this as a plugin / addon,
> instead of hacking shell.c.
> So if my plugin / addon creates a new layer, how do I make Weston
> "aware" of this layer ?

Hi,

Weston core handles layers, desktop-shell et al. just manipulate them.

Look for 'struct weston_layer' and 'enum weston_layer_position'. A
plugin can basically invent a new layer, hook it up and assing it a
position (stacking order) from the enum values or any other value in
between. The enum is there to give some idea of what layers generally
might exist and how they are ordered so you can pick a suitable
position value.