Fullscreen window (Re: Thread safety when rendering on a separate thread)

Guillermo Rodriguez guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 09:05:16 UTC 2020

El vie., 31 ene. 2020 a las 9:44, Pekka Paalanen
(<ppaalanen at gmail.com>) escribió:

> On Thu, 30 Jan 2020 17:48:54 +0100
> Guillermo Rodriguez <guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > El jue., 30 ene. 2020 a las 16:48, Pekka Paalanen
> > (<ppaalanen at gmail.com>) escribió:
>
> > Uhm, I am not sure to understand this bit. Based on your comments
> > before I am assuming I would implement this as a plugin / addon,
> > instead of hacking shell.c.
> > So if my plugin / addon creates a new layer, how do I make Weston
> > "aware" of this layer ?
>
> Hi,
>
> Weston core handles layers, desktop-shell et al. just manipulate them.
>
> Look for 'struct weston_layer' and 'enum weston_layer_position'. A
> plugin can basically invent a new layer, hook it up and assing it a
> position (stacking order) from the enum values or any other value in
> between. The enum is there to give some idea of what layers generally
> might exist and how they are ordered so you can pick a suitable
> position value.

Yes, but doesn't desktop-shell need to be aware of these new layers?

For example, when the screen is locked, desktop-shell hides the layers
it knows about and shows the lock layer. If my plugin invents a new
layer and hooks it up, desktop-shell will not know anything about it
and it will not be hidden when the screen is locked...

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia