Trying to reduce boot time for weston and logo from weston

arunkrish20 arunkrish20 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 04:58:57 UTC 2020

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your inputs.
Yes will look into the dependencies.

And for the first screen rendering sequence would be like,

1. weston init.
2. Create a window from the user application process and render the content.
3. Layer manager needs to react to the window creation and the render order
configuration.
4. then only rendered content can be seen.

This is the sequence to render the first screen. from point 1 to point 4
taking ~500ms to 1 Sec.
So during this initialization period, when weston clears the first screen
with glclear, we wanted to display the static image as background. This
will solve our problem.

But as per your input if we revisit reducing the weston size and bringing
into initramfs that will be good actually.
if this works we won't bother about the above said blank issue.

If I get any stripped weston dependencies that will be good.

Thanks,
Arunkumar R