about wl_display_poll

enpeng xu enpengxu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:17:11 UTC 2020

Hi There,
I have a question about the functions of
wl_display_dispatch/wl_display_poll.
In the function wl_display_poll, it ignores EINTR and keeps polling until
it gets an event from remote.
I am not sure if this is the expected, but a typical user case is, user
setup a signal handler and run a event loop by calling
wl_display_dispatch_queue,
It expects the signal handler to set a stop flag and event loop will abort
the loop if the stop is true. but in practice, wl_display_poll will keep
being blocked and there is no way to exit the event loop.

Is there any reason behind  in doing it? or should we provide an
interruptible version of wl_display_dispatch ?

Thanks
Leo