Basic API usage

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:01:25 UTC 2020

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 15:24:24 +0200
Jan Bruns <code at abnuto.de> wrote:

> Simon Ser:

>  > I don't know if it's just me, but your e-mails sound like rants and
>  > aren't making it very appealing for people to reply to. I think Pekka
>  > is being very patient and helpful here, and I'd appreciate if you could
>  > phrase your emails slightly differently. It's completely normal to
>  > not understand everything when you're getting to know something new.
>  > Thanks.
>
> No need to count users with such impression, given such impressions can
> be driven by incorrect assumptions.
>
> For example, it's in no way my job to make an wl-talking app given a
> contraint about programming language to use.
>
> I just do not have much preference about wether or not to include
> wl-support in future apps I probably won't write.
>
> Isn't a collection of common pitfalls exactly what people working on
> making wl better need? It's always difficult to identify why other
> people's workflow is diffrent from your own.
>
> What I can tell about wl now is that I haven't yet identified lines of
> text or code about it, that might probably be of not so much relevance,
> given specific sets of workflows. That's bad news to me, a
> disappointment, because making things easier for the distant future was
> my only motivation for focussing on wl a bit.

Sorry, but I do not understand what you are talking about. If your goal
is not to write a program that uses Wayland in your preferred language,
then what is it?

What workflow are you referring to?

If someone had the time, our email discussion would be a good
indication for what to improve in the Wayland documentation.