FW: xrandr and xwayland

Emmanuel Gil Peyrot linkmauve at linkmauve.fr
Tue Aug 3 16:00:27 UTC 2021

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 03, 2021 at 01:04:11PM +0000, David Deyo wrote:
[…]
> I believe our compositor (Weston) can do it, transform=90, but to use this method, it has to be restarted; causing our gui app to crash and lose all entered data.
> The client probably needs to drive the orientation.   Considering our gui will likely be in python3/tkinter, I will need some way create a page and rotate the display.

I once implemented such a plugin[1] for Weston, it never got merged
because it had issues I don’t completely remember, but could be a good
starting point.

It relies on the iio subsystem to provide accelerometer data, and then
automatically rotates once it detects the display is sideways.

Hope it’ll help. :)

[1] https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/wayland-devel/2016-August/030396.html

--
Emmanuel Gil Peyrot