FW: xrandr and xwayland

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Aug 5 20:56:45 UTC 2021

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 at 21:15, David Deyo <ddeyo at tireprofiles.com> wrote:

> I was able to re-create the files of your patch and added them into my
> build tree.
>

> Not having an accelerometer, I’ve had to make a few changes.
>
> When you said, ‘It had issues’, I am also seeing some issues.
>

> I can rotate my screen, but something about the callback
> (weston_rotate_rotate) is acting strange.
>
> I have added a loop in autorotate that calls weston_rotate_rotate every 10
> secs.   I am logging out to Weston_log.
>
> It seems I only get those logs once every 15-30 minutes and when I do,
> it’s hundreds of logs.  What’s up with that?

Sounds like you're missing wl_display_flush() in your client code, so the
requests don't make it to the socket buffer until they're forced to because
it's filled up.

> Also, my taskbar is the wrong length and my background is black.  Other
> than that, pretty cool.

Yep, desktop-shell isn't designed to handle runtime rotation. It could be
made to pretty easily by working on the client code. For your case though
I'd assume something like kiosk-shell would be a much better bet.

Cheers,
Daniel