How Wayland manages the automation/access of input devices and deal with block on them

Victor Borghi Gimenez (FIPT) victorborghi at ipt.br
Tue Dec 6 00:58:33 UTC 2022

Hi Pekka, thanks for the return!

I don't know if there is anyway to build/compile Wayland from source code to understand better his working, in fact I don't know nothing about OS protocols (Xlib, Wayland...) I finished fell into this study because this need to create automated tests on a Debian based distro that they developed here with Wayland as standard and I only explored Xlib module which didn't work.

ydotool I have already tested it through mousemove and key arguments but it always returned me the message "ydotoold: listening on socket /tmp/.ydotool_socket" and nothing happens. I am gonna give another exploring on uinput again.

I found that there is package called pywayland that has itself client, server API's https://pypi.org/project/pywayland/ but there aren't tutorials about how to use it.

I am gonna try to study from scratch Wayland to understand how to deal with it!

Thank you,

Victor
[https://pypi.org/static/images/twitter.6fecba6f.jpg]<https://pypi.org/project/pywayland/>
pywayland · PyPI<https://pypi.org/project/pywayland/>
Built against Wayland 1.21.0. PyWayland provides a wrapper to the libwayland library using the CFFI library to provide access to the Wayland library calls and written in pure Python.. Below is outlined some of the basics of PyWayland and how to get up and running.
pypi.org