frame callbacks and sub_surfaces

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:04:30 UTC 2022

On Tue, 1 Nov 2022 20:08:10 -0700
Joel Winarske <joel.winarske at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the clarification.  Much appreciated.
>
> I'm interested in implementing a sub-surface example.  Is a MR/PR of
> interest?

To which repository, and what do you want to demonstrate with it?

E.g.
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/blob/main/clients/subsurfaces.c
exists already.

Wayland repository can take documentation explaining all that better,
but I'm not sure examples are in scope there. Maybe wayland-utils could
have test programs better than weston repository, but I don't know
about examples. Maybe others have ideas?

Unless for special reasons, one should use a ready-made toolkit instead
of programming apps directly for Wayland anyway.