frame callbacks and sub_surfaces

Joel Winarske joel.winarske at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 22:14:00 UTC 2022

Hi pq,

I was thinking of a more full-featured example using sub surfaces with
runtime positioning and z-order control.

That aside I am having an interesting problem.  In case of multiple
surfaces, I only see the frame event for the last added surface.

Surface A is behind B and C (tiled), none occluded.

Here I get a frame callback for B. I'm using the commit pattern from B to
Base.
Surface B
Surface A
Base

Adding sub surface C, with registered callbacks for B and C, I only see a
frame callback for C.  I'm using the commit pattern from C to Base.
Surface C
Surface B
Surface A
Base

I don't touch the B callback when the C callback is added.

Does anything stand out?

Thanks,
Joel