get input device in wayland

weinan wang weinan97 at 163.com
Tue Nov 21 08:20:10 UTC 2023

Hey Guys,
We have an application that needs to get the touch device corresponding to the touch event, and on X11, we can get the device ID that sends this event according to the XI_Touch events, and then find the device we want according to this ID.
But on Wayland, it seems that neither wl_seat nor wl_touch can get device-related information, this application is a user permission, so we can't use libinput to get more low-level events.
Please ask if there is any other way to get the device that sends the event?