[Xcb] Re: [Xlibs] Re: Quick XCL, implemented

Eric Anholt eta@lclark.edu
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:40:28 -0800

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 16:25, Jim Gettys wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 11:21, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > I should probably have described Mozilla's symptom, eh? It starts,
> > outputs nothing, creates no windows, and exits with status 1 a second
> > later. Looks like Debian's /usr/bin/mozilla might be interfering with my
> > testing some, since it modifies LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but I don't think
> > that's the problem...
> >
> > I notice I'm having some trouble testing my patch due to a lack of X
> > apps on my laptop. I almost never run anything but xterm and Mozilla. :)
> > xfontsel and xcalc produce this output on my patched Xlib, and xfontsel
> > hangs:
> >
> > Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
> > Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
> > Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset
>
> We see this in the fd.o version of Xlib: we aren't installing
> the locale files properly.  Fixed sometime soon.

s/ properly//

It worked by luck before because all the linux folks already had locale
files installed in the (poor, by any standard I know) location that
XFree86 was putting them.  I've got most of a patch to libX11 to
build/install locale files, but it needs to get completed and become
distcheckable.  I'm off in DRM-land again, so if anyone wants to grab
what I have and finish it off, I can send them my files.  For now a
symlink at $prefix/share/X11/locale to /usr/lib/X11/locale should work
just fine on linux.

--
Eric Anholt                                eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt@FreeBSD.org