[Xcb] XCB demo tests compile problems

Jamey Sharp jamey@cs.pdx.edu
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 14:10:23 -0800

--Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU

On 11/11 01:31PM, Bart Massey wrote:
>   main.c: In function `main':
>   main.c:120: warning: passing arg 8 of `XCBChangeProperty' from incompat=
ible pointer type

ChangeProperty is a little bit of a pain because properties can have
just about any type. Arg 8 was a void* because of this, until I tried a
few days ago to fix a -pedantic warning in XCB. It was using
sizeof(void), so I changed the type to char*. I guess what I should have
done was special-case void to not generate the sizeof. That fix is in
xcb-proto and xcb now, though I haven't tested it against the demos.

>   main.c:207: warning: implicit declaration of function `XCBListIsEmpty'

That's part of XCB's internal list API that definitely shouldn't be made
externally visible, because it's not type-safe. There's no public API
for what main.c is doing, because apps aren't supposed to touch the
pending replies queue.

Either that test should be removed from that app; debugging code should
be added to XCB that reports statistics like this; or main.c should
#include <X11/XCB/xcbint.h>. Any thoughts?
--=20
Jamey Sharp <jamey@minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/

--Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU

--Bn2rw/3z4jIqBvZU--