[Xcb] Problem with xcb-test

Anni Kotilainen anni.kotilainen at cs.helsinki.fi
Tue Jun 15 04:20:01 PDT 2004

My processor is Athlon 9700 pro, distro is up to date Gentoo (2004.1). I
can't give the xdpyinfo (at least right now), because at the moment I'm
in the process of reinstalling my Gentoo due to unrelated reasons. The
DISPLAY environmental variable was ":0.0", I actually had to set it just
to stop getting the error that xcb couldn't connect to the server - it was
empty before. I did try rendertest too but got no window.

In case it's relevant, I also had to fight Gentoo over autoconf and
automake a bit because it insisted on using versions that weren't recent
enough. After that I had to run autogen.sh twice (getting a lot of
warnings over missing "'s or something on the way), but in the end it
seemed to install okay.

I hope this helps, I'll be able to play with it more once my OS is up and
running again.

--
Anni Kotilainen