[Xcb] vendor string

Vincent Torri Vincent.Torri@iecn.u-nancy.fr
Wed Jan 5 03:26:56 PST 2005

hello,

another question, about xdpyinfo and XCBConnSetupSuccessRepVendor.
I don't understand why, in xdpyinfo (provided in xcb-demo) the author has
used fwrite and not just printf. It's like the vendor string is not
terminated and one should also use XCBConnSetupSuccessRepVendorLength.

I've tested the string and it seems that its length, reported by strlen,
is the same than XCBConnSetupSuccessRepVendorLength.

so my question is: should i use the same trick than in xdpyinfo because of
a potential problem, or the use of XCBConnSetupSuccessRepVendor, as a
string, is safe ?

Vincent TORRI