[Xcb] xprint

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue Jul 26 05:46:32 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 08:29 -0400, Jim Gettys wrote:
> Padding is always easy to compute (unless they were real turkeys,
> completely possible of course); it is a simple add and shift operation.
> The rule is natural alignment of the data.

XCB assumes all lists are naturally aligned. (1-byte data needs no
padding, 2-byte data may be preceded by 1 padding byte to get 2-byte
alignment, everything else is 4-byte aligned.)

So Jeremy, you don't have to worry about padding anywhere before lists
as long as the protocol you're working with works that way. If it
doesn't work that way then I'll really start screaming.

--Jamey