[Xcb] XCBImage

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Sun Mar 6 21:22:51 PST 2005

Jamey Sharp wrote:
> (Josh, one of the things Xamine is supposed to do eventually is give us
> a convenient protocol pretty-printer, right?

Yes, most definitely.

> Do you think it'll be
> reasonably well-suited to being a "default" error handler for XCB-based
> apps? Figuring out what X error just killed an XCB app is currently a
> bit of a pain.)

It could definitely serve as an error handler; given that it depends on
libxml2, I don't know that it is suitable for being a "default" error
handler, unless people wouldn't mind that XCB required libxml2.  Of
course, it would be easy enough to just dlopen Xamine if available.

(BTW, ideally an application could recover from an error without being
killed, right?)

- Josh Triplett