[Xcb] about XTextProperty

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Fri May 13 12:25:55 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 07:36 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> I would like to know if it is interesting that something like
> XTextProperty (and related functions) being implemented ?

I've finally had a chance to look up the X{Get,Set}TextProperty
functions, but I don't understand how they're any improvement on plain
GetProperty and ChangeProperty. I assume you've been working with code
that uses them; can you explain how they help?

I don't think I like any of the functions that convert between
TextList/StringList and TextProperty representations, and the wc and mb
variants of those look especially ugly to me.

Thanks,
--Jamey