[Xcb] A plea for self-sufficient headers

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Tue May 17 13:06:25 PDT 2005

Jamey Sharp wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 04:32 -0700, Carl Worth wrote:
>>I just noticed that X11/XCB/render.h depends on X11/XCB/xcb.h but does
>>not include it itself.
>
> Ouch. I swear that used to be right. We'll fix it, of course.
>
> Josh, would you mind taking care of that?

Fixed by moving #include "xcb.h" from the generated source to the
generated header.  Note that generated extension headers never did
include xcb.h; they only ever included the headers for the other
extensions they reference.  I also modified xcbext.h to be
self-sufficient as well.

I agree that headers should always be self-sufficient and guarded
aganist re-inclusion; you should only have to include what *you* need,
not what all the headers need as well.

- Josh Triplett