[Xcb] Xserver formal verification

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Aug 26 19:47:56 PDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 03:58:09AM +0200, William DUCK wrote:
> As you are xserver experts, I am asking your help.

I'm flattered, but you're probably on the wrong list for X server
experts: they'd be on the xorg list.

> If somebody is interested in functional programming and in formal
> methods to help to implement an xserver with the XHSB protocol, he is
> welcome :)

We certainly have some people with experience in functional programming
and some in formal methods, and a provably-correct operating system
would be pretty cool. Unfortunately, I don't know that you'll have much
luck getting contributors here: everyone I know is quite busy.

However, please do ask us any questions about the XCB-XML descriptions
of the X protocol if you use them in your project. We'd love to hear if
you're using our work in a cool project like yours, and perhaps when you
have a prototype built you'll find more people excited about working on
it. (It took more than three years for XCB to attract its first serious
outside developers, for whatever that's worth.)

Good luck!

--Jamey