[Xcb] Status of XCB and howto begin

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Feb 9 00:24:17 PST 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 09:34:10PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Here are 2 patch for xcbint.h
>
> the one with the __attribute__, the other with the pragma

Awesome! Thanks, Vincent!

Could you regenerate these as patches (diffs) instead of whole files?
They're easier to review that way.

If I promise never to take the address of any of the functions in
xcbint.h, you can get even better improvements, right? (That's internal
visibility I think?) Well, I promise. Would you make the appropriate
change?

Both versions should guard the visibility-specific definitions by
testing that a suitable version of GCC is in use. The pragmas can almost
do without that except I think GCC 3 will give a warning on them, which
is lame.

> #pragma GCC visibility push(hidden)
> #pragma GCC visibility pop

> #define XCBLOCAL  __attribute__ ((visibility("hidden")))

I'm still happiest with the pragma, I think. I guess I'd say you should
commit that one, unless other people have strong arguments against.

--Jamey