[Xcb] older versions of xcb

Josh Triplett josh at freedesktop.org
Thu Feb 23 00:57:03 PST 2006

Craig Harding wrote:
> Hi, I'm just looking for a bit of code that would take a variable of
> chars or text and store it in the Copy/Cut Buffer so I can use Ctrl-V
> to paste it somewhere. So I'm looking for an older version xcb to find
> an example of code for this since version 2.4, even though it isn't
> that huge, introduces more code than I really need to find the code to
> place something in the X windows buffer.
>
> Unless someone knows off hand what function calls I can use or what
> ones that I can look up to place something in the buffer... that would
> be awesome. :)

It sounds like you're thinking of a different XCB than the one
associated with this list.  This is the X C Binding, a library providing
a client interface to the X protocol, along with machine-readable
descriptions of the protocol.

For what you want, you might take a look at xclip
(http://packages.debian.org/unstable/x11/xclip); it provides a
command-line interface to the X clipboard.  Writing a similar
application using XCB (or just porting xclip to XCB) would probably be
relatively straightforward.

- Josh Triplett