[Xcb] XCB enabled libX11 and tray

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Fri Jun 16 09:29:21 PDT 2006

Hell[o]

As XCB enabled libX11 appear in the git repository I decide to give a try to it. I fetch and compile xcbproto/xproto and after that xcb && libx11 from git repository. I was soprised because after a reboot everything works fine. Generaly I was hit only by one problem with KDE try icons. This sounds funny, but ...

I am using kadu program normaly minimized to try icon (KDE 3.5.3) and this always works fine, but after libX11 && XCB emerge stops. I can start kadu normaly, tray icon appears normaly, but when I move my mouse pointer over it kadu is killed immediatly with following error message.

kadu: Fatal IO error: client killed

Anyway this is a bit weird but I found a way to start KADU normaly. I need to run it from console then press ctrl+c to quit it (Kadu opens it's window and close it) Now I can run it normaly without any problems. Also when I set it to start not minimized it seems to work fine.

---- Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek ----