[Xcb] XCB enabled libX11 and tray

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Fri Jun 16 13:31:26 PDT 2006

Hell[o]

> Thanks hugely for the bug report!  Actually, this sounds
> like classic bug behavior for Xlib/XCB---Jamey has some
> experience tracking this kind of thing down.  The bad news
> is that he's about to leave town for 3-4 weeks, so unless
> one of us can find and fix it it may take a bit.
>
> We'll try to reproduce your bug and let you know what we can
> figure out.  If you wanted to file the bug against our
> Bugzilla database, that would be even better, but if not
> we'll handle it for you.

Nice to see there is someone here :) I can submit a bug on bugzilla just tell me what additionalinformations are required.

Anyway I see another problem (Or the same) with XCB enabled libX11. The kicker application from kde sometimes just quits. This seems to be completly random for me but I can see:

QObject::connect: No such signal TESession::updateTitle()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
Uh oh.. can't write data..
QObject::connect: No such signal TESession::updateTitle()
QObject::connect:  (sender name:   'unnamed')
QObject::connect:  (receiver name: 'unnamed')
Uh oh.. can't write data..
kicker: Fatal IO error: client killed

On my eye this seems to be the same problem as with kadu. have I right ? I would be happy to help solve   this issue, but I am mainly a low level fs developer and have no exp in this kind of stuff.

---- Marcin 'Morgoth' Kurek ----