[Xcb] Bug 6254: remove XCB's xproto/X11 dependency

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Wed Mar 15 13:50:18 PST 2006

On Mar 15, 2006, at 12:01 PM, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 11:27:01AM -0800, Ian Osgood wrote:
>
>> Time to write more demos?
>
> That would be awesome. Are you volunteering? :-)
>
> A nice selection of ports from the xorg/app CVS module would lead to
> some useful tools without too much work.
>
> --Jamey

Any apps in particular that would showcase XCB's unique qualities
(threading, latency hiding, direct protocol...)?

Ian

Re: Alp's work:

What is the canonical source for the X protocol definition? Is there
a link from the wiki? I've been working from a combination of X.org
headers and comments, and http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1013.txt from
1987 which I found linked from Wikipedia.