[Xcb] releasing

Jeremy A. Kolb jkolb at brandeis.edu
Thu Mar 16 12:54:39 PST 2006

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 09:25:17PM +0100, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > the fact that evas uses xcb is a good thing, I think. Writing the ecore
> > port would need a lot of time (2 months, i think). But I have already
> > written a xcb port of ecore. But i've not written it in a good way.
> >
> > when will xorg 7.1 be released
>
> The release plan is here:
> 	http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011752.html
>
> If Xlib/XCB is to go into X.org 7.1, we have about two weeks (until
> March 31st) to convince people that Xlib/XCB is ready for deployment
> *everywhere*.
>
> --Jamey

Xlib/XCB is pretty stable on my machine right now, I haven't noticed
anything peculiar. Yay!

However if we're releasing xcb + extension well... there are a few that
really need some testing.  XPrint comes to mind.  I will personally mail a
giant cookie to anyone who takes that one on.  And XvMC certainly... that
one might not even be correct.

Jeremy