[Xcb] releasing

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu Mar 16 13:17:06 PST 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 03:54:39PM -0500, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > The release plan is here:
> > 	http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011752.html
> >
> > If Xlib/XCB is to go into X.org 7.1, we have about two weeks (until
> > March 31st) to convince people that Xlib/XCB is ready for deployment
> > *everywhere*.
>
> Xlib/XCB is pretty stable on my machine right now, I haven't noticed
> anything peculiar. Yay!

Yay indeed! It's pretty stable on my machine too, though I have noticed
one or two peculiarities. :-)

> However if we're releasing xcb + extension well... there are a few that
> really need some testing.  XPrint comes to mind.  I will personally mail a
> giant cookie to anyone who takes that one on.  And XvMC certainly... that
> one might not even be correct.

One of the 1.0 release blockers is bug #5983, "split extensions into
their own libraries". :-) I think most of the extensions shouldn't be
released right now. Only xc-misc and bigreq are used by Xlib/XCB anyway.

--Jamey