[Xcb] Wiki spring cleaning

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon May 1 12:06:43 PDT 2006

On Mon, 1 May 2006 11:18:56 -0700, Jamey Sharp wrote:

> > The XcbApi is documented. There is also a [http://
> > gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xcb;a=tree;f=xcb/doc/tutorial tutorial].
>
> It's really a shame gitweb doesn't have cvsweb's *checkout* feature. We
> should probably either put up a checkout of the tutorial (and the
> doxygen documentation?) at xcb.freedesktop.org, or point at Vincent's
> copy if he's keeping it up to date there.

Linus recently added new syntax to git for naming files within a
particular branch like so:

	branch:path/to/file

I made sure that our gitweb is using a version of git that has that
feature, then I also hacked it to allow the ':' character as part of
a hash name, (hopefully that didn't introduce a security problem---so
whack me if it did).

This allows something pretty close to what you want:

http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xcb;a=blob_plain;h=master:xcb/doc/tutorial/index.html

I think that all that's left is adding support to get it to advertise
the right content-type, (blob_html instead of blob_plain maybe?).

Hope that's helpful,

-Carl