[Xcb] Mesa breackage by recent xcb/libX11 changes

morgoth6 at box43.pl morgoth6 at box43.pl
Thu Oct 5 09:40:02 PDT 2006

Hell[o]

I updated today libxcb && libX11 package to recent git snaps and it seems this borked mesa completly. Every program that uses mesa throws this kind of error and quits:

--------
glxgears: xcb_xlib.c:57: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
Aborted
--------

Turning LIBGL debug on doesn't show anything usefull too:

--------
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.2.0 r200 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/tls/r200_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so
glxgears: xcb_xlib.c:57: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
Aborted
------

My mesa installation is compiled with xcb support too and first thing I try was to compile it without xcb, but this gives me the same problem then I think this is propably some libX11 related borkage or maybe something in libxcb ?

I wonder is this known problem ?

======== Marcin 'Morgoth" Kurek ========