[Xcb] Anyone ever used "XCBRenderCompositeGlyphs"

Ian Osgood iano at quirkster.com
Wed Oct 11 07:52:40 PDT 2006

On Oct 11, 2006, at 2:29 AM, Yang JianJun wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone ever used "XCBRenderCompositeGlyphs"? and how to convert
> XCBRenderGLYPH list to XCBRenderGLYPHITEM8 when rendering the
> glyphs. I am porting XRenderCompositeString to XCB. Thanks in advance.

First, we recently changed the naming convention for XCB 1.0 RC1, so
the requests are now called xcb_render_composite_glyphs_8/16/32.

Second, we discovered that our XML code generation could not
correctly support all the types of glyphs, so the parameters to these
functions have changed from a list of GLYPH unions to simply an array
of bytes. However, this leaves it up to the caller to convert the
list of glyphs correctly.

Third, the function you are porting belongs in the xcb/util/
renderutil library, named xcb_renderutil_composite_string_8.  A
useful starting point would be the implementation in the libXrender
library found here:

   http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=xorg/lib/libXrender.git;f=src/
Glyph.c;a=blob

I encourage you to work from the latest git sources.  You can find
information on working with our anonymous repositories here:

   http://xcb.freedesktop.org/wiki/DevelopersGuide

Sorry if this means more work for you.

Ian